Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Emptiness

Praise be to God!! So here's yet another offering from 8th grade...hope you like it!


Emptiness

As I walk,

I see

Emptiness,

Everywhere.

Shallow enjoyments,

Trivial conversations.

Broken relationships,

I see it.

Why don’t people see

The beauty of

Sincere, heartfelt

Conversations

Enjoyments,

And

True, loving relationships?

People

Rely on

Material things.

They are relying

On achieving

A high position

In the eyes of

The world.

But

There are those

Who try to

Achieve a

High position

In the Eyes

Of God.

They who don’t

Rely on material things to

Make them.

They who try

To grow in

Virtue

And

Beauty

In the

Eyes of God.

Let us all

Try to be

Like those who

Try to

Please God.

For then,

Emptiness

Will be

No more.


1 comment:

  1. these always brighten my day...you are blessed in your gift of poetry, my dear!

    ReplyDelete