Monday, April 4, 2011

Torn and Broken


  • Deo Gratias!



  • So I've been feeling retrospective lately...so I have decided to (gasp!) put up some free verse poetry from my 8th grade (I have a couple different poems). 8th grade had its ups and joys...and definitely had its downs and hard times. Well, in my agenda book, I had plenty of free space--so I would write about whatever was on my heart, whatever was on my mind, heck, even if it was something that I thought about--I would write. Writing was my outlet, my refuge, whenever I needed to get anything off my heart. I don't even think I've showed any of my 8th grade stuff EVER, but I really felt like I need to put it up. So here's poem number one! Enjoy!



  • Torn and Broken

  • She vowed she’s never

  • Do it. Yet here she was

  • Being told that

  • She was.

  • Unintentional,

  • Yes. All she did was

  • Love her brothers.

  • Now she is different.

  • She dreamed of a habit

  • And first vows.

  • Now she sees

  • His eyes.

  • Hears

  • His voice.

  • NO!

  • She cried out

  • In despair.

  • I never wanted to

  • Do this.

  • I wanted to be

  • So much more.

  • God, please help me

  • Overcome this,

  • Fight

  • Against it,

  • And return

  • To

  • You.

  • As time goes on,

  • She struggles.

  • Fighting with herself,

  • Day after day,

  • To free herself

  • Of him, But it’s

  • A losing battle.

  • In despair, she

  • Kept crying out

  • A cry for help.

  • God, please take

  • Me. Make me so much

  • More.

  • I am torn and

  • Broken.

  • Please mend me,

  • So I can Be Yours.

  • Time

  • Went on.

  • Day after day. The struggles

  • Tormented her.

  • It became

  • Unbearable

  • For her. Until it happened.

  • She received Jesus One day.

  • And felt Love so strong

  • She knew right

  • Then,

  • She would belong

  • To God.

  • For she had

  • Cried

  • And had

  • Prayed

  • He answered

  • Her prayer. Now she could

  • Love her

  • Brothers

  • And brothers

  • They stayed.

  • Day after day,

  • She always praises

  • Praises the God

  • Who took her

  • — Torn and broken—

  • And made her

  • Whole Once again.

2 comments:

  1. Miss, I think part of this could be made into a song... It is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you! I'm not musically talented-but if you are, feel free to make it into a song! :) I love you, Sara!!

    ReplyDelete