Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Everybody loves Kung Fu Fighting!

I just saw the new movie, "Kung Fu Panda 2" for the second time today. And I love it! Even more than the first; this movie has a lot of depth, humor, and power. And I could go on and on about the overall awesomeness of this movie, but I think I'll cut straight to the p0int.

Without giving any of the plot away, there is a scene where Po is by these prison bars, talking to a couple of kung fu guys. And Po is trying to get them to think reasonably, and he spins around the prison bar door to the cell around really fast. Looking at the kung fu guys incredulously, Po says: "Did you guys just see that? It's called BEING AWESOME!"

I think this world would be so different if all Catholics were like Po.

So Catholics go to Mass (or at least are supposed to) every Sunday. At least once a week, Catholics go and consume the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ. Even if they really arent' into their faith that much. They come to Mass, la-dee-dah go up to Communion, leave before Mass is over. And I confess, there have been times where I'll catch myself drifting into mindless wanderings during the Eucharistic prayer. But then I hear those bells that the servers ring-and it's kinda like Po trying to shake up the kung fu guys. The bells are especially used during the Latin Mass, so that the congregation know when the really, really important parts (like the Consecration) are happening. The servers, like Po, are saying "Hey, look-it's called BEING AWESOME!"

We need to be like that every day. Honestly, I'm all about the "New Evangelization" as JPII calls it. Evangelizing to those Catholics that need some shakin' up. Heaven knows our world NEEDS Catholics to be woken up a bit. So, in the spirit of my good panda friend Po, I think I'm going to try and live that "New Evangelization" a bit more.

Pump up those laxadaisical Catholics; show them why being lukewarm just doesn't cut it. Why be lukewarm about a Faith that you belong to? If you're in the Faith, you might as well go all the way. So go out and burn that world with love of God! Show those Catholics what God offers them! Be a Po for Jesus!

"Did you guys just see that? It's called BEING AWESOME!"
'Cause lets be honest, what is more awesome than GOD letting us EAT HIM?!?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment