Monday, September 8, 2014

Mercy Monday: Living for Heaven

Happy Monday! Earlier today, I was talking with one of the amazing women in my household about Heaven, and just how incredible it will be! A few class days ago, in Theology of Healing, we talked about how people in society live without looking to a future in Heaven or Hell...and then just today, I was skimming through the Diary of St. Faustina, and came across this great passage:  

The Soul’s Expectation of the Coming of the Lord.

                           I do not know, O Lord, at what hour You will come.
And so I keep constant watch and listen
As Your chosen bride,
Knowing that You like to come unexpected,
Yet, a pure heart will sense You from afar, O Lord.

               I wait for You, Lord, in calm and silence,
               With great longing in my heart
               And with invincible desire.
               I feel that my love for You is changing into fire,
               And that it will rise up to heaven like a flame at life’s end,
               And then all my wishes will be fulfilled.

Come then, at last, my most sweet Lord
And take my thirsting heart
There, to Your home in the lofty regions of heaven,
Where Your eternal life perdures.

               Life on this earth is but an agony,
               As my heart feels it is created for the heights.
               For it the lowlands of this life hold no interest,

               For my homeland is in heaven – this I firmly believe.
(Notebook V, #1589)

We have two choices each day: to live for God, and choose eternal life with Him; or to reject God, and choose eternal life away from Him. Which will you choose today? 



No comments:

Post a Comment